.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

DON'T BE SORRY, JUST BE WALLY.

9.08.2005

DENTAL DAMN

I usually don't like to preface my writing with apologies or explanation, but this time's different.
I must start out by stating that I really do love my dad! So does my husband, We do. Very much, in fact.
I do not, however, love two of the things I inherited from the man. Bad skin and baaaaaaad, bad teeth.
Dad used to entertain us kids by telling the tale, almost a sea shanty really, or perhaps a script for a b grade war film....anyway, he'd tell about when he turned 21, had all his teeth pulled, ate a bologna sandwich and joined the army all on the same day. Then he'd take out his dentures and pretend he was grandma... really funny then, really spooky now.
In talking with my husband about the gum grafting surgery I was having the next morning, I recounted my dental war stories, 8 teeth pulled, 2 root canals, braces for three years, fillings in all but 3 teeth, one crown, and one gold tooth...and as of yesterday, gum grafting.
"Holy crap, why haven't you kicked your dad in the balls?"
"I would, but his teeth would fly out and hit me in the face."

Time for me to put ice on my mouth and take another pain pill.

5 Comments:

Blogger Christian said...

That totally sucks Angie. At least you have a great big round green chair to sit in!

I'm still waiting to see if I've inherited my mom's (bad: scottish) or dad's (good: native american) teeth. They were pretty bad in the 70s (the teeth, not my parents) but haven't had anything wrong for the past two decades, knock on wood...

9/9/05 10:20 AM

 
Blogger snusnu said...

My Dad's dad used to tell us about the time he got drunk on whiskey and told his dentist to pull all of his teeth they were so terrible. Thank God for modern dentistry. I still have 0 cavities.

9/9/05 11:50 AM

 
Blogger AAM said...

did he have his teeth pulled?

9/9/05 2:10 PM

 
Blogger Christian said...

Yup, Suzy's Grandpa had ALL his teeth pulled that night, once he was good'n drunk...
That's why I don't drink, I might lose control and do something like that. Or get a tatoo or get castrated or something...whatever they do at those parlors.

10/9/05 10:41 AM

 
Blogger AAM said...

damn kids gettin tattos and dentures. In MY day.....

10/9/05 11:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home