.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

DON'T BE SORRY, JUST BE WALLY.

9.06.2005

SO I KNOW THIS GUY WHO WORKS FOR THIS PLACE...

Given the potential for blogs to get people fired, all names have been changed to protect the innocent. If you know Bob please be nice and don't use his real name in your comments.
This is a spooky story about the P.C. Police. The P.C. Police steal all your yummy Halloween treats and leave you turds. Turds that don't stink, but turds nonetheless.
I know this guy, call him Bob, he works for this company, call it BIG. Bob designs products. BIG asked Bob to design a product with a Halloween theme. "GREAT!" said Bob, brain-storming with friends and collegues on the variety of scary, spooky, images they could use.
When Bob returned with his ideas. BIG, without thought or consideration for his creativity or hard work, called the PC POLICE. Bob was officially forbidden to use the following images, for the following reasons:

witches, offensive to Wiccans.
zombies, ghosts, mummies, skulls, skeletons etc.. offensive to those sensitive to issues surrounding death.
movie monsters, copyright issues.
black cats, represent superstition ( my guess is this has something to do with condoning belief...?)

Whats left? Pumpkins, leaves, and candy corn.
Unless, of course you're from the Candy Corn Coalition, or the Society for the Preservation of the Memory of our Fallen Leaves.
This bullshit has nothing to do with who's going to be offended and everything to do with who could sue. Witches and ghosts are pussies compared to lawyers.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excuse me but you are being glib and I don't appreciate it. I have been involved with an organization for several years that helps place and guide the displaced flora that is so carelessly disregarded at this terrible time. I suppose it is funny to some people how our Tree brothers are forced to bare themselves every Autumn (that horrible "Fall" word just lets people ignore this problem). Also, I am part of the "Corn Starch Preservation Colatiion" and we believe that candy corn is not only derogatory but a misuse of this sacchrine resource. Please disconintue any of your support of "pro-fall" or "pro-corn starch waste" committees or I will be forced to have your site blocked from both of our Colation memebers.
Yours Regretfully,
Mona

7/9/05 8:13 AM

 
Blogger Christian said...

Wow, I'm glad I don't work for a place like that. Oy. ALthough I did work for a place, let's call it Neek Nerlormance, that actually had a witch and a monster in charge. Oy.

7/9/05 9:38 AM

 
Blogger AAM said...

That OY was blatant slur against the Jewish community! I'm sueing!!

7/9/05 1:29 PM

 
Blogger Christian said...

Aaaah! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I hope your gums are happy. No offense against the gum-impaired.

7/9/05 3:37 PM

 
Blogger Richmond said...

It could be witches,
some evil witches
which is ridiculous
cause witches they were persecuted
wicca good and love the earth
and women power and I'll be over here

7/9/05 8:11 PM

 
Blogger Scott said...

Then and Now-

Then -Halloween = fun to be scared.

Now -Halloween = Scared to be fun.

9/9/05 10:32 AM

 
Blogger AAM said...

Scott, you are wise.

10/9/05 11:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home