.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

DON'T BE SORRY, JUST BE WALLY.

3.17.2006

MATH IS HARD, or WHY MY BRAIN DOESN'T GO TO 11

Numbers hate me. They always have. I'm trying to study my Gemology and be all smart and shit and I just keep thinking about my stupid, useless flashcards in the sixth grade. I should have saved them and sent them to a poor child in a third world country who would appreciate pieces of cardboard with numbers on them. Instead I threw them out. There wasn't a recycling program at that point, so the ink probably poisoned the soil in the landfill. The soil was used to grow something that something ate, that someone ate, and pooped out, which was treated and released as water which is used in ink.
The numbers are still there. I may have some of them in my house right now.

3 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

I hate math!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!


Like times ten and a billion plus one I hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20/3/06 10:51 PM

 
Blogger Richmond said...

I asked my girl, "when we first met, how much love did you have for me?"

She said, "zero."

I asked her, "how much love do you have for me now?"

She smiled and replied, "a billion times that."

21/3/06 2:21 PM

 
Blogger Tom Goodwin, G.G. said...

Actually, using "flashcards" enabled me to memorize tons of facts about gemstones and gemology. Learning occurs when you use what is known as "spaced repetition," and flashcards enabled me to get really good grades. It's a useful tool that I suggest to gemology students. Incidentally, once I got over my math anxiety using a calculator everything summed up real well!

20/4/06 2:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home