.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

DON'T BE SORRY, JUST BE WALLY.

3.04.2006

THIS IS WHAT BLOGS ARE FOR

Note: 5:30 am Saturday March 4th 2006. This is when I finally figured out what to do with "racing brain". I'll blog it to death and go back to sleep.
So I'm thinking about the song "Alone Again Naturally" by Gilbert o' Sullivan.
In a little while from now- If I’m not feeling any less sour-I promise myself to treat myself And visit a nearby tower- And climbing to the top will throw myself off- In an effort to make it clear to who Ever what it’s like when you’re shattered -Left standing in the lurch at a church Where people saying: "My God, that’s tough She's stood him up"No point in us remaining- We may as well go home As I did on my own- Alone again, naturally..."
The only reason I know this cheery hit from the late 60's, is thanks to Ms. S. Her full name is the only thing I don't remember about her. She was short, about my height now, 5 feet or so, and round. In a bold fashion stroke frequently immortalised years later in Far Side cartoons, Ms. S. wore short sleeved house dresses, cat eye glasses on a chain around her neck, a tightly done beehive and red lipstick perfectly applied in the shape of a three leaf clover. You know what I mean, mimes do this all the time. It's what you'd draw for a mouth in Pictionary if you wanted to indicate what you were drawing was female. Or a mime.
She was my third grade choir teacher, and this was one of the songs we learned.
Children really don't get irony.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home