.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

DON'T BE SORRY, JUST BE WALLY.

2.22.2006

TWO TALES #1 SAD

Having a blog turns me into a spy.
Sometimes I spy what could have happened. You turn left instead of right and end up where you are. Sometimes my complete inability to tune out other peoples noise comes in handy, sometimes, it's depressing as hell.
I'm on the bus again, 2 seats kitty-corner in front of me a man in a leather cap and obnoxiously large sunglasses and a girl with long red hair talking loudly and looking at pamphlets.
"Look! We get orange juice, and apple juice and eggs. Can we have hard boiled eggs when we get home, pleeeeese?"
"You have cravings or something?" Leather Cap was snotty, also loud and too slow.
Another stop, a man gets on and sits next to Red Hair, across the aisle.
"POPPY!!!" She holds her arms out to him and turns around. Poppy looks uncomfortable if not suprised, but says nothing, he hugs her back.
Her face suprised me in a way it couldn't have if I hadn't been listening at the back of her head first. Eyes so black, desperate and weird for a second I felt like she'd smacked me across the face. I sat back further in my seat. Scratching at the spots on her face, she didn't notice my blatant staring, there was only so much time 'till we got to the park and ride, and Poppy was in for an earful.
" ..and we have a lamp and a blanket that will fit perfect with a crib, and the nurse said we can win 500.00, they have a drawing, and she said we can use it for anything for the baby, she said we'd probably win and someones donating a brand new car seat and..."
Leather Hat took off his giant sunglasses and showed everybody why he was wearing them . His eyes were bright red slits, comical and stupid.
"Since the housing is so hard to get, they said it's in our best interest for you to support us."
Obviously pleased with his two cents, he pulled out a book and began to read, or sleep, hard to tell.
Sensing she was losing Poppy, she pulled out the prenatal vitamins the "nurse" gave her, and talked a mile a minute, the older man said nothing at all.
At this point I put in my ear phones.
I thought about that baby to be and turned up the music.
Left instead of right honey, I hope you can see it in time. Good luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home