.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

DON'T BE SORRY, JUST BE WALLY.

9.28.2005

KIDS

The subject of children has been a big one in my life. In my 20's having kids was something I was too busy to do, and going out clubbing 3 nights a week would not have made a motherly schedule. Through my 30's I briefly thought I wanted a child with my ex, looking back on it that was only a desparate 'fix-this-relationship-before it goes- down- the- tubes-completely' thing. I'm so very glad I changed my mind, that's a crappy reason to have a kid.
In 1997 I met my husband. He and I share the same thought about procreating. It's just not our thing. In 2000 I had emergency surgery to remove a cyst, and they had to take a fallopian tube with it. Two years later I decided to make the descision permanent and have the other one "tied". Our friends have been really great about it, with a couple of weird, angry( jealous?) ex-friends as exceptions, everyone is as respectful of my descision as I am of theirs. Thank you for that. This is why I'm happy to call you friends.
As you get older, people do start having babies. Scott and Debbie were the first ones to boldly go there! Liam is an AMAZING little boy, and one of my favorite people. He has been from the first time I met him. Chris is in love with him too. The three of them are family to us, always will be.
Michelle, a beautiful and extremely Star Wars savvy 2 year old is someone we'd like to see more of, along with her parents Rod and Allison of course!
Dave and Tiffany had Max last winter and we became Weird Uncle Chris and Crazy Aunt Angie. We would do anything for that kid.
And the family grows. I'm suprised how much I like it.
Being Crazy Aunt Angie is a good gig!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home