.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

DON'T BE SORRY, JUST BE WALLY.

1.30.2006

THE GIRLS DON'T EAT

Watching the Gilmore Girls brought up a problem I have with food on T.V.
Nobody ever eats it.
The Girls talk about how much they eat all the time. I have yet to see fork meet mouth. They walk from scene to scene past donuts, cakes, and piles of croissants like they aren't there. Just before or after someone will go on for several minutes about how much Rory and Lorelei eat all the time.
Cheese burgers and fries are talked about, around, and over, they are picked up and gestured with, ordered and delivered. The men eat them, the women don't.
This is the only thing I don't like about the show.

3 Comments:

Blogger snusnu said...

I commented to Christian about this the other day. Rory poured a big bowl of cereal and Lorelai dumped a bag of marshmallows in and then Rory got up and left without eating. What is that???

31/1/06 4:56 PM

 
Blogger Scott said...

I HAVE seen the girls sip TONS of coffee.

I think it is a union or contract thing, like

"sipping of drink is allowed, but no eating of food on the set will be shown. Also no actually fondling of utinsils nor of the plates nor food items as this would disrupt the props master and cause a general ruckus amongus."

3/2/06 11:39 PM

 
Blogger AAM said...

I only ever see them eat salad at friday dinner..? Suki is also someone who never eats on screen. I like that they don't make a big deal about her size, it's refreshing.

7/2/06 3:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home