.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

DON'T BE SORRY, JUST BE WALLY.

12.29.2005

MY RESOLUTION

Listening to the radio last night I hit a wall of zero tolerance. "We're talking with Doctor Blahblahblah from the institute of Whatthefuckever about his miracle breakthrough in the war on fat."
WAR ON FAT.
Someone's declared war? Not on me personally, just on the cells in my body,...OOOHH, well,ok then.
People who lack self esteem will pay alot to get it. These companies know that. Make you feel like shit about yourself so they can 'help' you. For a price.
Television is sending in waves of troops armed with before and after photos ( "I went from a SIZE 10 to a size 4!") and glass beakers filled with "five pounds of UGLY fat!"
What they're not telling you is that a size 10 is an average healthy size, AND those 'before' photos aren't what we're led to believe. Some of them are ACTUALLY pictures of women when they're pregnant, or just after having a baby. HMMMMM...
I have taken a good look at myself just like Doctor Whothehellcares asked over the radio waves last night. I considered each part individually, and came to this conclusion. The roundness of my belly gets in the way sometimes, and can easily be managed with a daily walk. My tits and I came to terms with each other long ago. I would like to have a stronger jawline, ... any jawline, it's a family trait that's been there since puberty. That will be my concession to plastic surgery someday, but that's it.
I actually LIKE my butt and even though my calves are big they are very muscular and strong and have a nice shape.
Over all I've found that I bitch far too much about a body I really quite like. It's not the body I had at 25, but why should it be?
I bitch because it seems like the thing to do, all my friends do it. Lame excuse.
Friendly fire.
I'd like my friends to join me in telling Doctor Whatshisass to go fuck himself cause we're going AWOL.
If not, I'm going anyway.
I'm finally ready.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home